15 June 2009

meet Ah-jay!

meet the newest member of my family - Ah-jay the Toshiba notebook! decided to name her Ah-jay cos she's one of the "portege" series. Toshi, Shiba, Portie, Tobie, they all don't sound rite to me. Ah-jay's still the most affectionate name! It may not make sense to some of you, but i love naming my stuff. adds personal touch to it. heh.

anyway, i wanted to get a new notebook for my studies, i.e. last year, but kept delaying it. had to sit on the idea and think abt whether i really need it or not. but seeing that this current (old) notebook that i'm using is a sorta"2nd hand" from my bro, and i probably need a more efficient notebook to work on my thesis and to bring ard at the next placement site, this shld be a good time to buy. Plus notebook prices are going way down, and PC show's up. So i got finally got it! but it's gonna be some time before i officially migrate to ah-jay cos it's vista and i need to transfer and install so many things there. so for now, i'm satisfied using this current notebook.

But one thing, I really am thankful that I have the money to buy a new notebook. Although prices have gone down, I still hafta cough up 1-2K for a new one. Thank God that I still have money left to buy it after going off work for more than a year, and even managed to spend below my budget for it. Thank You Lord! Now I just have to watch my spending abit more.

Thanks bee for accompanyin me to get ah-jay! though there were loads of ppl at the show (1st day only!), i had a great time. =D

0 comments:

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates. Distributed by Blogger Templates