Recently, friends ard me seem to be gettin promotions/pay increments etc. Or rather, i suddenly realised friends ard me are earning sooo much more than i do. i mean, i have at least 2 gd frens who earn more than twice my pay, and we're the same age! i muz admit, it makes me very sad to see my paycheck, wishing i were paid more, wondering how much more i'd be paid if i were workin somewhere else.
All these thoughts really made me very very uncomfortable and unsettled. I find myself praying abt the same things over and over again. It's a very terrible feeling of wanting something you noe you can get if you choose to do smthg else. But then i noe it's not wat my Lord wants. Such a terrible feeling.
Then came the crucial question, am i in lack?
Well, i don't have alot, but i haf enough to support myself. I haf enof to give to my parents, and it's even more than what some of my peers would give. I haf enof to buy the occasional dress for myself, enof to haf occasional meals at sakae etc. I even haf enof to sponsor my parents for a trip to Korea. Most of all, i haf enof to tithe and can contribute to missions too. Am i in lack? definitely not!
David led the song "Assuredly Yours" during one of the services recently. The chorus says "Take my world, just inhabit all of it", and the Lord asked, if inhabiting my world means that my pay is goin to be as it is now, will i still be willing? i wept. yes Lord, I'm willing. Inhabit my world Lord, because I know that I'll never be in lack in You. Forgive me for being tempted by riches and wealth, forgive me for taking my eyes away from You. If You have called me to be here, I will stay. Be my Lord, be my Provider. Amen.
20 August 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
0 comments:
Post a Comment