2012. a year that passed real quickly. loads of stuff happened this year, both at work and in life. i got promoted, pay got adjusted a fair bit, was crazy busy at work, got hurt terribly in ministry, quit ministry (not 'cos of the hurt), stayed alone at home while the hubs went away a few times, turned 30, celebrated 1 year of marriage and 10 years of being together, finally taking up driving lessons, restarted aerobics class, and had a huge huge health scare.
yes, a huge health scare. but thankfully it remained as a scare. but it was also an incident that showed how real God is in my life. So if I were to sum up 2013 in a sentence, it would be: God is real.
Basically, I was suspected of having some form of cancer and was ordered to go through some scopes & CT scan. Throughout the process I was terrified and totally anxious, to the point that I couldn't eat or sleep. But the Lord was good. He showed me Psalm 121, promising His protection. The psalm says:
I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
From where shall my help come? My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth. He will not allow your foot to slip;
He who keeps you will not slumber. Behold, He who keeps Israel
Will neither slumber nor sleep. The LORD is your keeper;
The LORD is your shade on your right hand. The sun will not smite you by day,
Nor the moon by night. The LORD will protect you from all evil;
He will keep your soul. The LORD will guard your going out and your coming in
From this time forth and forever. (Psalm 121:1-8 NASB)
From where shall my help come? My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth. He will not allow your foot to slip;
He who keeps you will not slumber. Behold, He who keeps Israel
Will neither slumber nor sleep. The LORD is your keeper;
The LORD is your shade on your right hand. The sun will not smite you by day,
Nor the moon by night. The LORD will protect you from all evil;
He will keep your soul. The LORD will guard your going out and your coming in
From this time forth and forever. (Psalm 121:1-8 NASB)
He also answered my prayers for opened eyes to see what was happening spiritually, and showed me a vision - that when I lift up my eyes to the mountains, there are angels scattered all throughout the mountains. These are angels who are armed and ready for battle! The Lord showed me that His angels are already protecting me, and that He personally is with me, surrounding me closely. I will not be harmed, and more than that, harm will not even be able to come close to me! And even the Sunday sermon was on Jehovah Ezer, the Lord our Help! And the passage used in the sermon was about how the Lord delivered His people from danger without them doing anything. Again and again, His message to me was consistent - He is my help, and His protection is on me.
The Lord is gracious. He revealed his presence to me in my scariest moments, and promised His protection, His help, and most of all, His future. Many people will probably say that I probably conjured most of it up, but I can tell you that what I had experienced cannot be mere coincidences or figment of my imagination. I know my God is real, and indeed if you knew the details of what went on, you will also be so amazed that nothing else can explain it, except for a true and loving God who was revealing His very presence and assurance to me.
Of course I don't have any tumour at the end of the day. There were some stuff tat showed up in the CT scan, but the doc wasn't concerned about it at all. I know that the CT scan wasn't completely cleared because the Lord's teaching me to continue to trust in Him and in His promise of protection.
My God is indeed real. As the new year comes, I pray that I will continue to remember that He is good, He is real, He is watching, and He holds my future. Come what may, my God is in control.
.jpg)
0 comments:
Post a Comment