27 April 2008

Mayday concert!

Went for mayday’s concert on sat.. didn’t plan to go in the first place, but bee suggested going and bought the tix. So sweet of him cos he doesn’t know their songs (or any other mandarin songs except those I often sing at ktv) and doesn’t know much abt the band. So it was really really really sweet of him to suggest gg when I din even mention the concert at all.

It’s been such a long long long time since I’ve been to any concerts. Let’s see, the only few concerts I’ve been to were for 张信哲, Savage Garden, Kit Chan, Gigi Leung and A-Mei. A-Mei’s was the most “recent”, which was like when I was in JC. Well, there were some concerts that I wanted to go for these past few years, but somehow just didn’t end up goin. So it’s really nice to step into a pop concert again after so many years.

We got the cheapest tics (at an even cheaper price!) so we sat at the balcony area, quite far away from the stage. But still, it was nice, the atmosphere can still be felt somewhat from where we were. The next time they come (hopefully next year), I think I might go again, and get the slightly more ex tics. But that will mean standing for the 3 hours straight. People downstairs were all standing leh. And they kept waving their light sticks, I think they’ll probably get muscle ache and sore throat the next day. Heh

To be honest, I think the mayday concert’s the most happening concert I have attended so far. The pop-rock music contributed to it, the popularity of the songs contributed to it, the energy from the stage was amazing (even the backup vocals were enjoyin themselves so much dancing, jumping and making fun of themselves), and most of all, the band engaged the audience very much. They had the audience screaming according to their hand signals and had them doing actions (L.O.V.E.!). Their playfulness really lightened the atmosphere too. You really feel relaxed, excited, happy, funny all at once. I’m glad I could put my work (DG the next day, assignment due on wed!!) and stress aside for the evening and just thoroughly enjoy myself at the concert.

One thing about the concert, it’s quite amazing to see how much people are affected by the atmosphere. People were singing loudly, waving their light sticks, jumping up and down, screaming and clapping for the 3 hours straight. Made me stop and think about how often people had to sit down and rest at “extended” services in church, how we would stop singing after a while, how often we clap and cheer half-heartedly for God etc. Most importantly, I was astounded at how much that atmosphere impacted me. Made me stop and think if I usually worship ‘cos of the atmosphere that the music and others around me contribute to, or if I worship because I was truly responding to the Lord’s presence. I was quite taken aback at this reminder, but even though it was uncomfortable, I’m thankful to be cautioned of this. I really wanna worship God because of Him, not ‘cos of my feelings or the atmosphere “created”.

I’m really glad I attended the concert. Thanks bee for the gift. *hugz*


The opening aft the initial "huha"

"close-up" of 阿信

My fav part of the show: 石头 singing 咿呀呀, a song he wrote for his son.


4 guitars! 阿信 playing the acoustic guit together with the rest of the band.

Mayday leading the audience in actions for L.O.V.E. for 恋爱ING


the audience following mayday's actions!


thanking the audience

returning to the stage upon encore!

0 comments:

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates. Distributed by Blogger Templates